As a Member of the Housing Industry Association (HIA) we strictly adhere to the following Code of Fair Business Practice:-
- Fair and equitable dealings with clients and other industry participants at all times;
- Compliance, not only with the law, but with the minimum industry standards of conduct prescribed in this Code;
- Promotion of an efficient competitive and ethical building and construction industry;
- Providing confidence that using a HIA member is a better way of building; and
- Provision of the framework to continue industry reform and in particular changing the adversarial nature of commercial dealings to that of the partnering concept of utmost good faith and fairness in all such dealings.
We commit ourselves:-
- To act at all times with honesty, integrity and responsibility and in the spirit of good faith and fair dealing;
- To engage in no conduct which is unfair, harsh or unconscionable;
- To engage in no practice which might tend to lower the standards applicable in the building and construction industry;
- To observe all the relevant laws of the Commonwealth, States and Territories in which we operate;
- To understand the principles of fair trading legislation including but not limited to the Trade Practices Act by ensuring that all key management participate in appropriate educative training and compliance programs;
- To observe the principles of the Code.